- Write your own post sharing your memories and leave a pingback to this post in the comments.
- You can use the photo above in your post to make it easier to find.
- Tag it with #TBTMemory or #IRememberWhen.
- If you do not wish to write your own post, feel free to tell your story in the comments below.
- This week’s prompt is: Fireworks Celebrations
My first fireworks were on the second day of my honeymoon watched from a boat “tour” on Lake Champlain. My husband loved fireworks and a short trip out of town provided any type of them. The most dangerous when our kids were small were the flat round discs that would fly anywhere after being lit. They weren’t allowed to light them but loved them and the grandkids also. Now it is sparklers only and watching them from afar. Small towns invest a lot of money each year for July 4th but here the displays over city parks are equal. Fireworks go off here, illegally at every holiday and at least a week every night before the Fourth. It is a fire danger and has destroyed grasslands and buildings but keeps happening.
A memorable view was from the then named Mile High Stadium in Denver. It was “up close and personal”😂